Thursday, September 5, 2013

Yours to Keep


I planted the shrub today

Nursed from stolen cutting out

And into the blessed Earth between weedling seedlings

Faintly chosen - not

Denied, in any case.

 

I planted the shrub in sacred ground

Along the woodland edge

And

 

I am glad, fulsomely

Foolishly perhaps, not knowing,

What time will tell there.

 

I planted and put my hands in the soil and

Then stood back to look upon this work.

And it was pleasing to me, the One who cut and placed,

Dug and rose and took and gave Life and took.

 

Wild heart in love with the world will build and tear and build again.

There is no loss in death of anything, anyone.

When you pull that next intruder out by the roots, take heart and know

There is no loss in the going of anything, anyone.

 

Always, a new planting. Always, more to come.

 

And each feeling that arises with the coming and the going is yours to keep.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment